Jump to navigation Jump to search
Reverting involves returning a page to a previous version. In the context of the English FembotWiki three revert rule, a revert is defined more broadly as the undoing of another editor's work by returning any part of a page to an older version.
How to revert
- Go to the page, click on "history" at the top ("Page history" in some skins), and click on the time and date of the earlier version to which you wish to revert.
- When that page comes up, you'll see something like "Revision as of 22:19 Aug 15, 2002" below the title, with the username of the editor who saved that version.
- Verify that you have selected the correct version, and click to edit the page, as you would normally.
- You will get a warning, above the edit box, about editing an out-of-date revision.
- Ignore the warning and save the page. Be sure to add the word "revert" and a brief explanation for the revert to the edit summary. Some editors abbreviate "revert" as "rv". It is possible to wikilink the usernames associated with the versions you are reverting from and to. For example, an edit summary when reverting vandalism could be
rv edits by 127.0.0.1 to last version by ExampleThe clickable links are created by entering [[User:Username|Username]] (replacing Username with the real IP address or Username, for logged-in users). So for the edit summary above, you would type exactly: rv edits by [[User:127.0.0.1|127.0.0.1]] to last version by [[User:Example|Example]]